Dazzled to Death
Dazzled to Death is a murder mystery dinner party game for 12 to 15 guests plus a host – download the free introductory pdf file. It costs 20 GB pounds, which is about 32 US dollars or 22 Euros.
In Dazzled to Death, the stage is set for an innocent family gathering, with a few friends and strangers added to make the party go with a swing. However, not everyone is as they seem -- some have dark secrets they need to keep hidden... and someone is the killer. You will be in the middle of the action and it will be up to you to wheel and deal with the other guests. Can you achieve your goals, keep your secrets hidden and survive Dazzled to Death? It's up to you.
Dazzled to Death
It is 1948. The socialite Evington-Browne family ("E-B" to their friends) and guests are preparing for their annual cocktail party, held by tradition at the family's hunting lodge in the White Mountains north of Boston. A fierce storm has now set in, and the party finds itself cut off from the rest of the world. This is unfortunate, as the valet of one of the guests has been found dead in the kitchen! It looks like a heart attack - but is it murder? Can you achieve your goals, keep your secrets hidden and survive Dazzled to Death? It's up to you.
In Dazzled to Death you will discover the following:
- Who has been wearing a mask to sneak around?
- Who will inherit the Dazzling Diamonds?
- Would the infamous cat-burglar 'the Puma' dare to strike here?
- Are the Evington-Browne family in danger of losing their money, their reputation in society and their sanity?
- Can anyone keep control of Tracy's pet monkey?
- ... and, of course, who killed the valet?
Find out in Dazzled to Death!
Dazzled to Death lasts for about four hours and is suited to an evening. It is often played over a meal – a finger buffet if possible to allow guests to circulate and talk in private.
The free introductory pdf file contains an introduction to the game, a list of all the characters, an invitation to send to your guests, the Boston Times – plus details of how to buy the game.
Important note: Dazzled to Death is an alternative version of one of our other games, The Night before Christmas. The characters and the plots are the same, so if your guests have previously played The Night before Christmas, they'll know the secrets of Dazzled to Death too! The difference is that The Night before Christmas is written specifically for a Christmas setting, while Dazzled to Death is suitable for any time of year.
These are the characters in Dazzled to Death:
- Agatha Marbles – Priscilla's elderly English friend and allegedly famed detective
- Charles Pemberton – James's son, currently a student at Harvard
- Christy Crompton – Young fellow-student friend of Patrick
- Dinah Peters – Cook (temporary stand-in for usual cook)
- Dr. Bruisyard – Retired family doctor and friend
- Evie Evington-Browne – John and Rose's 21-year-old and wilful daughter
- James Pemberton – Rose's brother. Art dealer and traveller
- John Evington-Browne III – Respected businessman and head of the family
- Miles Earnshaw – Unexpected guest, friend from Rose's youth
- Patrick Evington-Browne – John and Rose's 20-year-old son
- Priscilla Evington-Browne – John's elderly and often forgetful Aunt
- Reggie Haven – Young socialite friend of Evie's
- Rose Evington-Browne – John's much-loved wife
- Soames – Butler / housekeeper
- Tracy Evington-Browne – John and Rose's youngest (16 years old) and mischievous daughter
How Freeform Games Murder Mysteries Work
Dazzled to Death is unlike many murder mystery games. Although the game starts with a death, most of the characters have more important things to do than to investigate it. And the killing may not be over – it is unlikely that everyone will survive the remainder of the evening!
Dazzled to Death is played just like a murder mystery game. You may be trying to solve the murder, but primarily you are (initially at least) concentrating on your own goals and objectives. Unlike most boxed murder mystery games, Dazzled to Death lets you decide how to achieve your goals and thwart your enemies.
On the evening of the game the guests are met by the organizer, the Waiter, and welcomed to the party. They then receive their detailed backgrounds - including dark secrets, goals and items. The fun then begins as players form alliances, blackmail each other, steal items and maybe even resort to murder! Depending on what the players choose to do, there are several different possible endings, but finally everyone finds out how they did, and what secrets everyone else was concealing.
Buying Dazzled to Death
Dazzled to Death costs £20.00 (GB pounds). That works out at about 32 US dollars or 22 Euros, depending on the exchange rate charged by your credit card. (You can use the XE.com Personal Currency Assistant to check the amount.)
To purchase Dazzled to Death, follow these three steps.
Step 3: After you've entered your credit card details, you can download your game right away. Also, you'll be emailed the download link and password, in case you need to come back at a later point.
Cast Iron Money-Back Guarantee
Together with Freeform Games we're happy to offer you a no-quibble money-back guaranteed refund. If you're not completely satisfied with Dazzled to Death, just please let us know within 30 days and we will refund you.
And please remember that if you buy Dazzled to Death, you are buying it from Freeform Games LLP. Don't forget to read their terms of trade.